AusTrials has a network of primary care centres across Australia where, performing the function of a site management organisation (SMO), we have established the necessary infrastructure, human resources and facilities to conduct research within these centres.
The benefits of our SMO research model include:
- Large patient numbers. Access to a large pool of potential research participants
- Centralised Coordination. AusTrials coordinates all aspects of study feasibility, site selection, collection of ethics and regulatory documents, SIV and investigator training across all our sites.
- Ethics simplified. With many years’ experience in ethics applications for multisite applications, we manage the ethics approval process efficiently.
- General Practice setting. Conducting your research in the GP setting provides access to clinicians with suitable patient numbers.
- Quality research. We provide a coordinating Investigator review and rigorous quality oversight at all our sites.
- Project management of the on-site study coordinator resources, including KPI driven management and coaching, to deliver recruitment targets.